It will come as no surprised that Lincolnshire County Council are denying illegal fly tipping at Huttoft Car Terrace. The letter below is their stated position.
My reply below raises further issues. I encourage others to express their opinions directly with Mr Willis and consider registering a complaint with LCC.
- One of my officers went to Huttoft Car Terrace to assess the situation on 13/3/14 and found no syringes. Syrings are only part of the issue. Did your officer check all the contaminated sand? If not there is still a major Health and Safety risk. Please confirm the actions taken by your officer.
- Whilst there they litter picked the entire Terrace and found half a bag of rubbish see attached photo. Unfortunately I have not received this could you please forward?
- The sand was removed in July 2013 by the Lincoln Business Improvement Group to build a temporary children’s beach in Lincoln and returned in September 2013. Lincoln BIG are not part of Lincolnshire County Council. Under the Freedom of Information act could I please request all information held by Lincolnshire County Council with regards Lincoln Business Improvement Group removing and returning the sand last year?
- The Council is of the opinion that the sand was returned in a clean waste free condition by Lincoln BIG and that the fly tipping was therefore a separate incident. As per the photos waste was embedded into the filty sand as such it was not returned in a clean state.
- In answer to your Freedom of information request Lincolnshire County Council holds no information regarding the removal and return of sand prior to the contact by the BBC. Under the Freedom of Information act could I please request all information regards the removal and return of the sand including communication with the BBC and all other information post and during contact by the BBC.