There are various aspects to the campaign in Lincolnshire. The following are the main outstanding complaints and Freedom of Information requests with regards the illegal byelaw and height barriers.
- Barbed Wire – Freedom of Information request
- Anderby Creek signs – Complaint
- Lincolnshire County Council – Byelaw – Complaint
- Department for Communities and Local Government – Byelaw – Complaint
- Height Barrier Costs – Freedom of Information request
- Disability Legislation Complaint
- Off Street Parking Order – Request for definitive statement
- Lincolnshire County Council – Fly Tipping – Freedom of Information request and complaint
- The height barriers are in breach of legislation as there is no off street parking order and they breach the Disability Discrimination Act 1995.
- The byelaw is in breach of legislation as Lincolnshire County Council failed to fulfil their requirements.
- The byelaw is in breach of legislation as the DCLG failed to fulfil their requirements.
- Fly tipping is still to be resolved.
At any time I will meet with the council to discuss a compromise. To date they have declined all offers of a meeting.
I will always hold meetings as per Gandhian principles as such they will be peaceful.
The next meeting will be held before March 31st.
As I stated to Steve Willis, Lincolnshire County Council, in February the height barriers will be removed and the byelaw revoked. When Steve asked me how I would achieve this the answer is the same today as it was then via the law.
I highly recommend that Lincolnshire County Council urgently seek legal advice to their current waste of tax payers resources. Once they have taken this advice I recommend they revoke the byelaw and remove the height barriers before the main tourist season starts in a few weeks.