As the Huttoft Parish Council, East Lindsey District Council and Lincolnshire County Council have been brought into disrepute on Thursday 15 May by those elected to serve the public l requested an apology from all three by midnight Sunday 18 May. Councillor Webb declined to make an apology.
In response to Councillor Webbs communication with a gentleman in Australia (please see at the bottom of post) I have sent the following email to him:
—– Original Message —–
Dear Councillor Webb,
I believe it to be most inappropriate that you make false claims using your East Lindsey District Council email address in your communication with Mr Proud from Australia. I would be grateful if you could address the following:
- This is a storm in a teacup – Perhaps you are exceedingly wealthy but £100,000 wasted is most certainly not a storm in a teacup for the vast majority of Lincolnshire Council tax payers. Could you please inform me what you mean by this statement?
- Bye-laws are being broken – This is false as the byelaws can never be enforced in a court of law. In addition many folk parking on Huttoft Car Terrace have parking permits issued by Lincolnshire County Council. Please be aware that the byelaw does not apply to the vehicle it applies to the person. Just because vehicles are parked overnight does not mean they are breaching any byelaws. Further more I have offered to be a test case for Lincolnshire County Council. To date they have declined my offer. Why do you think this is?
- Wild and unsubstantiated claims are being made – Please provide evidence of this.
- It will all go away eventually and life will continue as before – This will most certainly not go away and life will never continue as before.
- Don’t believe all you read! – What should we not believe apart from the content of your emails?
As a long-standing East Lindsey District Councillor, former Leader and former Deputy Leader I believe your refusal to be recorded at the recent Huttoft Parish Council meeting and your communication with Mr Proud on an East Lindsey District Council email address has brought the East Lindsey District Council into disrepute.
I look forward to hearing from you.
“(Yorkshiremen are) richly endowed with that gritty determination, that wilful refusal to give up and that sheer bloody-mindedness that eventually prevails.” Sir Bernard Ingham
Communication Between Councillor Webb And Mr Proud
From: Ken Proud [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] Sent: 17 May 2014 01:27 To: Webb, Jeremy (Cllr) Subject: Recent meeting.
Hello Councillor Webb, I am watching with interest the ongoing situation with the overnight parking dispute. It would appear from what I see that there are people with something to hide, would that be the case?
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia.
From: Webb, Jeremy (Cllr)
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2014 6:00 PM
To: Ken Proud
Subject: RE: Recent meeting.
This is a storm in a teacup.
Bye-laws are being broken.
Wild and unsubstantiated claims are being made.
It will all go away eventually and life will continue as before.
Don’t believe all you read!
From: Ken Proud
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2014 6:27 PM
Subject: Re: Recent meeting.
Thanks again for your reply Jeremy, a couple of thoughts, is there any reason why parking by responsible people overnight causes angst for the council, and why did the walkout occur at the meeting?