With regards to the letter (published below) in the Louth Leader why does Councillor Davie talk such propaganda instead of dealing in facts? Could it be that he doesn’t like or know the facts?
Councillor Davie should consider/address the following:
- Many of my friends who choose to park overnight on Huttoft Car Terrace are respectable folk including the retired and business people.
- None of these people have been charged will any criminal offence on Huttoft Car Terrace.
- In contrast they have been threatened with murder and arson by a local resident.
- In addition an assault and breaches of the Public Order Act have been carried out by a local resident against these law-abiding folk.
- I have offered Lincolnshire County Council the opportunity to prosecute me for parking overnight on Huttoft Car Terrace but they continue to decline my offer. Why is this? Because the legislation used cannot be used for a car park and I would win my case in a court of law.
Councillor Davie, it is time you put your words into action. I challenge you and Lincolnshire County Council to put me in a court of law for parking overnight on Huttoft Car Terrace. If you don’t, hang your head in shame and resign.
Louth Leader Letter
“Godfrey Bloom, as usual does not understand the reasons why Lincolnshire County Council have had to take action to address a lawless and vociferous group of freeloaders who think they have a right to dictate to the taxpayers of this County how sites in our ownership will be managed.
Over the last few years a group of people have inundated the Huttoft Car terrace and taken it over as their personal private park and essentially used it for the summer season without any regard to others.
That has been to the detriment of our local community who have to live with this group of people who have resorted to intimidation of local residents.
They have also now become a deterrent for the high quality tourists who wish to visit the area and enjoy it.
My job is to stand up for Lincolnshire and its tax payers and therefore we will continue with the process until the lawless and freeloaders end up in Court with the County Council prosecuting them for breaching the byelaws which have been lawfully consented by the Secretary of State.
Our council is not anti motor homes or those who travel in them. What we are is anti the freeloaders and those who make the lives of local residents a misery. However long the process has to be, Huttoft Car Terrace will be cleared of these people and the byelaws will be enforced for the good of the residents of the area and for the tourism industry that I am proud to champion.
Councillor Colin Davie
Executive Councillor for Economic Development, Environment, Strategic Planning & Tourism Lincolnshire County Council”
Email To Councillor Davie and Louth Leader